Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Off to Brussels!

Last week the program I am studying with had a week-long trip to Brussels for four days, and then Paris for two. However, many people decided to stay the weekend in Paris, and I was one of them. Brussels turned out to be one of my most favorite cities! I think everyone was so excited to go to Paris we weren't looking forward to Brussels as much, but Brussels ended up being amazing as well.

I think we saw most of the tourist attractions...including the big, grand historical plaza downtown and the Mannekin Pis (a very famous statue of a small, peeing boy). We also toured a chocolate museum and factory, which to our delight also gave us free chocolate. The waffles were also amazing. Oh, and everything was much cheaper than here in Geneva! Which was quite nice as well.

 Waffles!




Traditional Belgian meal of Moules Frites (Mussels and Fries)

No comments:

Post a Comment